Thursday, March 12, 2015

World University Rankings 2015

Thames River, Oxford
Business Insider March 11

Cited

'Harvard University has the best reputation in the world, according to a new ranking from Times Higher Education (THE).

The US dominated the list, with 43 universities in the top 100, including eight in the top 10.

THE reports that 10,507 scholars participated in the 2015 invitation-only Academic Reputation Survey. According to THE, world reputation rankings "are based on the number of times an institution is cited by respondents as being the best in their field."'

Cited

The rated top ten

'Harvard University

University of Cambridge (United Kingdom)

University of Oxford (United Kingdom)

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Stanford University

University of California at Berkeley

Princeton University

Yale University

California Institute of Technology

Columbia University'

End Citations

The overall reputation of an educational institutional is important, but in my view for the individual student his/her academic needs and requirements takes priority over the reputation of a University.

At the course work academic level, which institution best suits the academic requirements for the student and in my case, formerly working on British research theses only degrees, which program and advisor (s) would work best within an academic program.

I considered attending Cambridge, but their representative required me to complete a Graduate Records Exam, which would have taken months of study, and was outside of my academic subject areas, before beginning Doctoral research.

In contrast, the University of Wales, Trinity Saint David, at Lampeter, although a much smaller University, required MPhil and PhD theses, which was much more beneficial to me in the academic process.

It therefore, in my opinion, was more reasonable to work with Wales, which I signed with eventually after a brief time at Manchester,

Wales also at the time was highly ranked in specific areas of learning relevant to my academic career such as in the Complete University Guide published in association with The Independent newspaper; the Department of Theology & Religious Studies at the University of Wales Lampeter was ranked 13th in the UK.

In December 2008, the Research Institute for Theology & Religious Studies was rated 9th in the UK for its research strength by Research Fortnight magazine in its RAE 2008 Analysis Power Rankings.' 'Then in February (2009),

The Guardian newspaper placed the Department in first position in the UK for the number of postgraduate distance learning students.

While looking for academic employment I have asked for feedback from academic institutions and what I have been told is that teaching subjects are a priority and having those fit within an institution, therefore, in my case those would be the problem of evil, theodicy, free will, determinism, the nature of God.

Being as I earned my Doctorate within the United Kingdom academic system, which would be the same system as 'Oxbridge' my subjects of expertise would be significantly more important than where I earned my Doctorate.

This employment philosophy is likely similar for others within academy in the Western world.

30 comments:


  1. Hey hi ,I'm arif.. U sylvia r8? I'm impressed for like my profil, and thanks.. Can u contact me... U can give ur phone number... I withing for u bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two sisters, one blond and one brunette, inherit the family ranch. Unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble....


    In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to purchase a bull so that they can breed their own stock.


    Upon leaving, the brunette tells her sister, 'When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home.'


    The brunette arrives at the man's ranch, inspects the bull, and decides she wants to buy it.


    The man tells her that he will sell it for $599, no less. After paying him, she drives to the nearest town to send her sister a telegram to tell her the news.


    She walks into the telegraph office, and says, 'I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch and I need her to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck and drive out here so we can haul it home.'


    The telegraph operator explains that he'll be glad to help her, then adds, it will cost 99 cents a word.


    Well, after paying for the bull, the brunette realizes that she'll only be able to send her sister one word.


    After a few minutes of thinking, she nods and says, 'I want you to send her the word 'comfortable.'


    The operator shakes his head. 'How is she ever going to know that you want her to hitch the trailer to your pickup truck and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch if you send her just the word 'comfortable?'


    The brunette explains, 'My sister's blonde. The word is big.


    She'll read it very slowly... 'com-for-da-bul.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANCING PRIESTS
    .
    Enjoy the Purgatory Two Step ....

    The Rev. David Rider and the Rev. John Gibson danced at a fund raiser at the Pontifical North American College in Rome recently. A video of the pair, who are studying in Rome, has gone viral. Click on the website below, turn up the sound, and enjoy.

    http://www.cruxnow.com/life/2014/10/23/dancing-priests-become-internet-sensation/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my dad to the mall the other day
    to buy some new shoes (he is 66).

    We decided to grab a bite at the food court.
    I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him.

    The teenager had spiked hair in all different colours
    green, red, orange, and blue.

    My dad kept staring at her.
    The teenager kept looking
    and would find my dad staring every time.

    When the teenager had had enough,
    she sarcastically asked:

    "What's the matter old man,
    never done anything wild in your life?"

    Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food
    so that I would not choke on his response.
    I knew he would have a good one.

    In classic style he responded without batting an eyelid,

    "Got stoned once and had sex with a parrot.”

    “I was just wondering if you might be my kid."


    ReplyDelete
  5. PSYCHOLOGY VS LAW

    A guy is looking for a place to sit in a crowded university library.

    He asked a girl: "Do you mind if I sit beside you?"

    The girl replied in a loud voice:
    "I DON'T WANT TO SPEND THE NIGHT WITH YOU!"

    All the students in the library started staring at the guy;

    He was truly embarrassed and moved to another table.
    After a couple of minutes, the girl walked quietly to the guy's table and
    Said with a laugh:

    "I study psychology, and I know what a man is thinking.
    I guess you felt embarrassed, right?"

    The guy then responded in a loud voice:

    "$500 FOR ONE NIGHT? . . . THAT'S TOO MUCH!"

    All the people in the library looked at the girl in shock.


    The guy whispered to her: "I study law, and I know how to make people pay
    For their stupidity."

    ReplyDelete
  6. John and Nadine are at the airport in Phoenix, awaiting their flight.
    They are dressed in heavy boots, parka, scarf, mittens, all ready to head home to the Canadian winter.
    An old American couple standing nearby in shorts are intrigued by their manner of dress.
    The wife says to her husband, "Look at that couple. I wonder where they're from?"
    He replies, "How would I know?"
    She counters, "You could go and ask them."
    He says, "I don't really care. You want to know; you go ask them."
    She decides to do just that, walks over to the couple and asks, "Excuse me, I've noticed the way you're dressed and I wonder where you're from?"
    John replies, "Saskatoon, Saskatchewan."
    The woman returns to her husband who asks, “So, where are they from?"
    She replies, "I don't know. They don't speak English."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Q. What is a tax refund payment?

    A. It's money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.


    Q.. Where will the government get this money?

    A. From taxpayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

    A. Only a smidgen of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aportamos contenido de valor para la embarazada / madre.



    my webpage - Marketing online - Puro Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  10. A farmer walked into an attorney's office wanting to file for a divorce.

    The attorney asked, "May I help you?"

    The farmer said, "Yea, I want to get one of those dayvorces."

    The attorney said, "Well, do you have any grounds?"

    The farmer said, "Yea, I got about 140 acres."

    The attorney said, "No, you don't understand, do you have a case?"

    The farmer said, "No, I don't have a Case, but I have a John Deere."

    The attorney said, "No, you don't understand. I mean do you have a grudge?"

    The farmer said, "Yea, I got a grudge. That's where I park my John Deere."

    The attorney said, "No sir, I mean do you have a suit?"

    The farmer said, "Yes sir, I got a suit. I wear it to church on Sundays."

    The exasperated attorney said, "Well, sir, does your wife beat you up or anything?"

    The farmer said, "No sir, we both get up about 4:30."

    Finally, the attorney says, "Okay, let me put it this way. WHY DO YOU WANT A DIVORCE?"

    And the farmer says, "Well, I can never have a meaningful conversation with her."

    …..Mikey’s Funnies (http://www.mikeysFunnies.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (ChristianVoices@att.net)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sign over a Gynecologist's Office:

    "Dr. Jones, at your cervix."


    ReplyDelete
  12. In a Podiatrist's office:
    "Time wounds all heels."

    ReplyDelete
  13. On a Septic Tank Truck:
    Yesterday's Meals on Wheels

    ReplyDelete
  14. At an Optometrist's Office:
    "If you don't see what you're looking for,
    you've come to the right place."

    ReplyDelete
  15. On a Plumber's truck:
    "We repair what your husband fixed."

    ReplyDelete
  16. On another Plumber's truck:
    "Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber."

    ReplyDelete
  17. At a Tire Shop in Milwaukee :
    "Invite us to your next blowout."
    **************************

    ReplyDelete
  18. On an Electrician's truck:
    "Let us remove your shorts."

    ReplyDelete
  19. In a Non-smoking Area:
    "If we see smoke, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."

    ReplyDelete
  20. On a Maternity Room door:
    "Push. Push. Push."

    ReplyDelete
  21. At a Car Dealership:
    "The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment."

    ReplyDelete
  22. Outside a Muffler Shop:
    "No appointment necessary. We hear you coming."

    ReplyDelete
  23. In a Veterinarian's waiting room:
    "Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!"

    ReplyDelete
  24. At the Electric Company
    "We would be delighted if you send in your payment.
    However, if you don't, you will be."

    ReplyDelete
  25. In a Restaurant window:
    "Don't stand there and be hungry;
    come on in and get fed up."

    ReplyDelete
  26. In the front yard of a Funeral Home:
    "Drive carefully. We'll wait."

    ReplyDelete
  27. At a Propane Filling Station:
    "Thank heaven for little grills."

    ReplyDelete
  28. And don't forget the sign at a
    CHICAGO RADIATOR SHOP:
    "Best place in town to take a leak."

    ReplyDelete
  29. And the best one for last............
    Sign on the back of another Septic Tank Truck:
    "Caution - This Truck is full of Political Promises"

    ReplyDelete