Thursday, October 23, 2014

Canada: The New Reality?

Ottawa-trekearth

















Very sad news in regard to the Canadian solider that lost his life Wednesday and the solider that lost his life on Monday.

My condolences.

CNN October 22-23

Cited

'Terrorist' murdered soldier 'in cold blood,' Canada's Prime Minister says Cited '

(CNN) -- First a soldier guarding a hallowed war memorial was gunned down in Canada's capital. Then shots erupted in the halls of the country's Parliament minutes later. The two shootings in Ottawa Wednesday left lawmakers barricaded inside offices and parts of the city on lockdown for hours as police searched for suspects.'

Cited

'As authorities continued to investigate, details began to emerge about the man they suspect was behind the shooting. Michael Zehaf-Bibeau was identified by Canadian officials to their American counterparts as the suspected gunman, multiple U.S. officials told CNN. Bibeau, who was born in 1982, was a convert to Islam and had a history of drug use before he converted, two sources said. His passport had been confiscated by Canadian authorities when they learned he planned to go fight overseas, a U.S. law enforcement official told CNN's Susan Candiotti. The official said it was not clear when that happened. Canadian broadcaster CBC reported that Bibeau had a record of drug arrests going back 10 years.'

Cited

'Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was "murdered in cold blood" as he stood guard at the Canada War Memorial, Harper said, expressing condolences to the slain Canadian soldier's family.' 'The soldier appeared to have been shot in the back, said Peter Henderson, a journalist who was at the memorial at the time of the shooting. Other soldiers who were nearby doing drills at the time ran to help, he said.' 

Cited

'Three people brought to The Ottawa Hospital after the shootings have been released, hospital spokeswoman Hazel Harding told CNN. Earlier, they were described as being in stable condition. Shortly after the shooting at the memorial, a gunman entered the nearby building on Parliament Hill, officials said. "I heard rapid fire -- gunshots going very loud -- and I figure maybe 20-plus shots within 10 seconds," Canadian Deputy House Leader Kevin Lamoureux told CNN. He was one level below the gunshots.

Sources: Shooter was convert to Islam Shooting at Ottawa War Memorial Map: Shooting near
Parliament Map: Shooting near Parliament Gunfire first erupted in the building's foyer. Then a second round of shooting happened about a minute later in a hallway or near the entrance to the
Parliament's library, Wingrove told CNN. Several officers had weapons drawn, he said, and most of the dozens of shots that he heard appeared to have been fired by officers at the gunman. When the shooting ended, a person was lying motionless on the ground near the library entrance, Wingrove said.'

CBC October 22-23

Cited

Here's what we know: 'Cpl. Nathan Cirillo — a 24-year-old reservist from Hamilton — has died from gunshot wounds. 

The gunman was killed and has been identified as Canadian-born Michael Zehaf-Bibeau.

The downtown Ottawa safety perimeter has been lifted. Prime Minister Stephen Harper says Canada "will never be intimidated."'

CBC October 23-23

Cited

Prime Minister Stephen Harper said in an evening address that Canada would not be intimidated by Wednesday's "brutal and violent attack" in Ottawa, in which an armed attacker shot and fatally wounded a Canadian Forces member at the National War Memorial before being shot dead in Parliament's Centre Block.'

Cited

Moments after Cirillo was shot at his post by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, MPs and other witnesses reported 30 to 50 shots fired inside the main Parliament building. It was confirmed later that the gunman was shot dead inside the building, felled by the House of Commons sergeant-at-arms and RCMP, according to MPs' accounts.

CBC News has confirmed the dead shooting suspect is Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, a Canadian born in 1982. CBC News has learned that Zehaf-Bibeau has a criminal record in Quebec dating back 10 years on some drug-related charges. Court documents from that time show that he lived at an address in Montreal.

Cited

'In his brief address, Harper offered condolences for Cirillo's family, and for the family of Patrice Vincent, another soldier who was killed in an attack earlier this week. "For the second time this week, there has been a brutal and violent attack on our soil," he said.'

End Citations

I do not have much of the political variety to state.

A sad day for the nation and for the Western world.

But if it turns out that this event or the one in Quebec on Monday is associated with radical Islam or ISIS/IS/ISIL; humbly I did state on my blogs that radical Islamists should not be allowed to reside in Western states and that Islamic, Sharia Law should not be permitted.

Instead there should be one law of the land (lands) in Western societies.

I will add early this morning that in my humble opinion, that if it turns out that radical Islam or IS was particularly involved in the Ottawa terrorist event, it is likely not good news for Islam in North America.

Islam will face more political and social scrutiny.

And yes, as I have written I realize that many Muslims view themselves as moderate although the concepts of jihad and holy war are part of Islamic teaching.

Lewis M. Hopfe admits that one of the most controversial aspects of Islam is 'Jihad' (Holy War). Hopfe (1987: 419). Pagans he writes may have been forced to convert but Jews and Christians and others were free to worship and they chose, Hopfe (1987: 419). It is admitted by Hopfe that there is a Muslim doctrine that one must do battle for God. Hopfe (1987: 419).

S.A. Nigosian states the goal of Jihad is not so much conversion but for Islam to gain 'political control over societies'. Nigosian (1994: 448). This is done in order to rule them under Islam. Nigosian (1994: 448).

HOPFE, LEWIS M. (1991) Religions of the World, New York, Macmillan Publishing Company. 

NIGOSIAN, S.A. (1994) World Faiths, New York, St. Martin’s Press.

Philosophically, I doubt more scrutiny from secular governments and society will also shift to and focus on Christianity.

Most modern forms of Western Christianity would seem to have more in common worldview wise with secular views on democracy and toleration, than they would with radical Islam.

This even with Christianity and Islam sharing some conservative moral views.

Church-State Christianity largely being of distant history...

Therefore, more secular focus on radical Islam may, and I state may, mean there is less secular focus on Christianity as a possible political and social threat in Western society.

Please see comments sections in regard to difference between United States and other Western nations...

32 comments:

  1. 'Therefore, more secular focus on radical Islam may, and I state may, mean there is less secular focus on Christianity as a possible political and social threat in Western society.'

    The United States has been largely dealing with radical Islam since 911 and yet it can be argued there have been increased political, legal and social attacks against Christianity. The Houston sermons issue a recent example in the news. Obviously, sermons beings required to be reviewed by government officials being against religious liberty.

    The United States is featuring a culture war, as a pastor at church stated, the US being perhaps two generations behind Canada in secularization.

    It may be that government, legal and social battles with radical Islam will not interfere with this culture war in some cases and therefore Christianity may still face increased opposition in the USA.

    However, in the West, for the most part, I reason that a focus on radical Islam may take the political and legal focus off more democratically focused Biblical Christianity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two men met recently and struck up a conversation. One was telling the other about some problems he was having with one of his kids.

    After a while the other guy said, "You think you have family problems? Get a load of my situation. A few years ago I met a young widow with a grown-up daughter and we got married. Later, my father married my stepdaughter. That made my stepdaughter my stepmother and my father became my stepson.

    "Also, my wife became mother-in-law of her father-in-law. Then the daughter of my wife, my stepmother, had a son. This boy was my half-brother because he was my father's son, but he was also the son of my wife's daughter, which made him my wife's grandson. That made me grandfather of my half-brother.

    "This was nothing until my wife and I had a son. Now the sister of my son, my mother-in-law, is also the grandmother. This makes my father the brother-in-law of my child, whose stepsister is my father's wife.

    "I am my stepmother's brother-in-law, my wife is her own child's aunt, my son is my father's nephew and I am my own grandfather. Wow! You think you have family problems."

    …..Copyright 2014 Mike Atkinson (www.mikeysFunnies.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (ChristianVoices@att.net)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friends of Mukhanyo,


    You can now double the impact of your donation to Mukhanyo College!


    A generous donor has promised to match every Rand donated to Mukhanyo’s building project in KwaMhlanga. Please consider supporting this strategic investment in the future of missional education.


    We are thankful that more than 60% of the funds for this project have already been promised. Construction will begin early next year. Mukhanyo has section 18A status, so your donations are tax fee. Businesses can also earn BEEE points for contributions to Mukhanyo. See http://www.mukhanyo.co.za/support.html for more details.


    Sincerely, ~bdv


    Dr Brian de Vries, Principal
    Mukhanyo Theological College
    www.mukhanyo.co.za
    mukhanyo.blogspot.com
    +27 (0)79 933 9884

    ReplyDelete
  4. An expectant mom let her 4-year-old place his hand on her belly and feel the baby kick.

    He asked, "How does the baby get out of there?"

    To keep it simple, she just said, "The doctor will help."

    His eyes widened: "You've got a doctor in there, too?!"

    …..Copyright 2014 Mike Atkinson (www.mikeysFunnies.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (ChristianVoices@att.net)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear, after going through your profile on facebook i decide to contact you, please there is something i would want us to discuss, please reply me today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'It's like a Chinese prison camp!' (Senior S/O after I describe his corp. shift in a caged area with no chair and no autonomous washroom break for 12 hours)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Captain Discipline - Friday, October 24, 2014

    ReplyDelete


  8. Take a look at this simple
    method to make up to $300
    per day with very little work
    You HAVE to see this now

    To Your Success,
    Management
    P.S. Daily Bonuses:
    Money-maker!
    Make more sales!

    IMPORTANT: You have subscribed to be on this list.
    Do not unsubscribe! We do our best to send ONLY quality content and offers
    through our mailing list. If you wish to stop receiving emails from me, you
    may do so instantly by clicking below. Please keep in mind that you will
    lose access to the downloads and offers I send, forever.


    MATERIAL CONNECTION DISCLOSURE: You should assume that the
    sender of this e-mail has an affiliate relationship and/or
    another material connection to the providers of goods and services
    mentioned in this message and may be compensated when you
    purchase from a provider. You should always perform due diligence
    before buying goods or services from anyone via the Internet or
    offline.


    ===============================
    IMPORTANT: You have subscribed to be on this
    list. By reading this, you agree to all of
    the following: You understand this to be an
    expression of opinions and not professional
    advice.

    If you purchase anything through a link in
    this email, you should assume that we have
    an affiliate relationship with the company
    providing the product or service that you
    purchase, and that we will be paid in some
    way. We recommend that you do your own
    independent research before purchasing
    anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear, after going through your profile on facebook i decide to contact you, please there is something i would want us to discuss, please reply me today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey this is is Leida and I'm from Turkmenia. I am that type of man who generally has pleasant mood every day, and I do not need to have much reason to be happy. I yourself have a good intuition and sometimes I prefer to trust to my feelings at current moment in order make a decision, than take my time and hardly think about all pluses and minuses. I currently do not have any priority about the country where I would like to build up my future, and I am not questing for a man from exactly this country. I am sure if you will find me interesting, you will find a way to win me, and made me be interested at you. He likes to surprise and please me and I'll do the same from my side. Sometimes he is impulsive but it makes our connection even yet interesting! He gives me a choice to work or be housewife, he never presses on me. Age difference is not so great for me, because age does not make man older, it makes him sexier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with you on this article, I like your reasoning too.
    Well thought out, well written with a spirit of humility.
    -Eager Reader-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey this is is Leida and I'm from Turkmenia. I am that type of man who generally has pleasant mood every day, and I do not need to have much reason to be happy. I yourself have a good intuition and sometimes I prefer to trust to my feelings at current moment in order make a decision, than take my time and hardly think about all pluses and minuses. I currently do not have any priority about the country where I would like to build up my future, and I am not questing for a man from exactly this country. I am sure if you will find me interesting, you will find a way to win me, and made me be interested at you. He likes to surprise and please me and I'll do the same from my side. Sometimes he is impulsive but it makes our connection even yet interesting! He gives me a choice to work or be housewife, he never presses on me. Age difference is not so great for me, because age does not make man older, it makes him sexier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The secret Asian "love tar" rocking US bedrooms

    ReplyDelete
  14. Last month, 6,756 people searched online for chauffeurs in Manchester.

    This is why I am emailing you - Sorry to be a pain, but I have been reading up on you at http://satireandtheology.blogspot.com and I know I can connect you with some of these people.

    If you have a minute and are prepared to take on new clients & jobs we should talk about this.

    I know you're busy so please only get back to me if:


    You can prove you are the owner of http://satireandtheology.blogspot.com
    You can take on extra Clients/Jobs
    You are based in the UK
    Have a UK phone number to receive enquiries on

    Best thing is, with this, people are enquiring with you so its a case of providing services to clients who want you, are actively looking for you and are prepared to pay well for the work!

    I will do everything for you all I need is you for a few minutes to let you know how it all works.

    Most people are just replying back with a day and/or a time to look at this, feel free to do the same or if you want, I'm here all day everyday till around 6pm: 0161 850 0176.

    Kind Regards

    Ned Whitefield

    ReplyDelete
  15. COLOSSIANS 3:15 NKJ 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
    to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA!


    The Spanish may not be a world power, but they still have some good ideas!

    This man is burying a dead pig.

    “So what.!” you might say. But please read on.

    Make sure you read the explanation at the bottom.

    People in the USA , Canada , the UK & Australia need to take a lesson from the Spaniards.

    In Seville Spain , local people found a way to stop the construction of another mosque in their town.

    They buried a pig on the site, and made sure this would be known by the local press.

    The Islamic rules forbid the erecting of a Mosque on "pig soiled ground."

    The Muslims had to cancel the project. This land was sold to them by government officials.

    No protests were needed by the local people...and it worked!

    Say no more.

    ReplyDelete

  17. There was a gentleman in the hospital bed next to me. He was covered with bandages from head to toe. I said to him, "What do you do for a living?"

    He said, "I'm a former window washer."

    I asked, "When did you give it up?"

    He replied, "Halfway down."

    …..Copyright 2014 Mike Atkinson (www.mikeysFunnies.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (ChristianVoices@att.net)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Low vitamin D levels are related to progression of knee osteoarthritis

    At a Glance

    A new study in patients with knee osteoarthritis indicates that insufficient vitamin D serum levels may be related to an increased risk of progressive knee osteoarthritis.

    Read more about this research below.


    Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative joint disease that mainly affects cartilage, causing functional limitation and disability particularly in the elderly. It is estimated that over 27 million individuals over the age of 65 suffer from osteoarthritis, which most commonly affects the knee. Vitamin D plays many biological and functional roles in joint health, so vitamin D status may play a role in the progression of knee osteoarthritis.

    In a new study published online in the Journal of Nutrition, researchers investigated whether serum vitamin D and parathyroid hormone (PTH) concentrations might predict the progression of knee OA. PTH is responsible for regulating the metabolism of vitamin D.

    The study included 418 participants enrolled in the Osteoarthritis Initiative who had at least one knee with diagnosed osteoarthritis. Serum vitamin D and PTH were measured at the 30 or 36 month visit of the study, and progression of OA was defined as an increase in the joint space narrowing (JSN) score between the 2 and 4 year study visits.

    The average serum vitamin D level of the participants was 26 ng/ml, while 16% of this population had levels below 15 ng/ml. Between the beginning of the study and follow-up visits, 14% of the subjects experienced joint space narrowing (increased JSN score). Subjects with a low vitamin D level (< 15 ng/ml) had twice the risk of elevated knee OA progression than the participants with vitamin D levels > 15 ng/ml. Although a high serum PTH itself was not associated with a significant increase in JSN score, individuals with both low vitamin D and high PTH (> 73 pg/ml) had a greater than 3 fold increased risk of OA progression.

    The results of the present study suggest that individuals deficient in vitamin D have greater risk of osteoarthritis progression than those with normal vitamin D levels.

    Fang Fang Zhang et al. Vitamin D Deficiency Is Associated with Progression of Knee Osteoarthritis. First published October 1, 2014, doi: 10.3945/jn.114.193227.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bud appeared before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

    "Have you ever done anything of particular merit?" St. Peter asked.



    "Well, I can think of one thing," Bud offered.

    "On a trip to the Black Hills out in South Dakota, I came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a young blonde woman.

    I told them to leave her alone but they wouldn't listen.

    So, I approached the largest and most tattooed biker and smacked him in the face, kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the ground!

    I yelled, 'Now, back off or I'll kick the shit out of all of you!' "

    St. Peter was impressed. "When did this happen?"

    "Couple of minutes ago..."

    ReplyDelete
  20. BLACK AND JEWISH

    Little Leroy came home from school one day slightly confused. His mother was Jewish and his father was black.

    So Leroy asks, "Mommy, am I more Jewish or more black?"

    "What does it really matter?" his mother tells him, "If you want to know for sure you'll just have to ask your father."

    So, when his father arrived home from work, Little Leroy asks the same question, "Daddy, am I more Jewish or more black?"

    "What the hell kind of a question is that ? Why do you want to know if you're more Jewish or more black?" asks his dad.

    Well, it's like this dad... Tommy down the street wants to sell his bicycle for $50, and I don't know whether to Jew him down to $25,
    or wait until it's dark and just steal it."

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good evening,

    Please complete the final step of
    your registration below.

    Final Step Go Here

    Use your email address as the
    username and please create a
    new password.

    Click Here To Enter Data

    Thank you again for taking the
    time to do this.

    All the best,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  22. New: Get paid 10k a month by TEXTING.


    Wow. I had to show you this...
    plus I got this for you for free...

    There's now a BRAND NEW MOBILE APP
    that is making * 5,000-10,000 *
    in United States CASH per month.

    It's AUTOMATIC too, so you just run it
    in the background and go on with your life.

    I've included VIDEO PROOF of it working:

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi,Your phone = $4,139 per day? Here's why.

    ReplyDelete