Monday, June 08, 2015

FIFA Russia & Qatar World Cups Could Be Taken Away?

Facebook-Travel+Leisure
























Time June 8

NBC News

Cited '

FIFA Compliance Head Says Russia, Qatar World Cups Could Be Taken Away'

Cited

'ZURICH — Russia and Qatar could be stripped of their World Cup hosting rights if evidence emerges of bribery in the bidding process, the independent chairman of FIFA’s audit and compliance committee told a Swiss newspaper.'

Cited

The FBI’s investigation of bribery and corruption at FIFA includes scrutiny of how soccer’s governing body awarded World Cup hosting rights to Russia and Qatar, a U.S. law enforcement official told Reuters this week. Domenico Scala told SonntagsZeitung that FIFA the two countries could lose the hosting rights should evidence emerge of bribery in the bidding process.

Cited

"If evidence should emerge that the awards to Qatar and Russia only came about thanks to bought votes, then the awards could be invalidated," Scala said in an interview published on Sunday. "This evidence has not yet been brought forth."

Russia and Qatar have previously denied wrongdoing in the conduct of their bids for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments, which were not the subject of charges announced by U.S. prosecutors last week against FIFA officials.

End Citations

Twenty Eighteen is much closer chronologically than 2022 and so therefore it is much less likely that Russia will lose its award as it would be that much more difficult for a country to prepare for the FIFA World Cup in just three years.

Preparing for a World Cup in three years even for the United Kingdom or United States with all their football stadiums, as rumoured; or other very viable Western European sites such as Germany, Spain, Italy or France would be a very major task.

As well, I deduce that because of politics that the Western powers and FIFA are influenced by such, would not want to further politically alienate Russia by embarrassing that nation by taking away the World Cup.

I would therefore be very surprised if Russia has the FIFA 2018 World Cup taken away.

However, due to the poor situation with worker's rights, (see previous post) and the fact that Qatar is a non-Western and non-European nation and that the FIFA 2022 World Cup was switched from the traditional Spring-Summer to Autumn-Winter; I would not be at all surprised if Qatar has the FIFA 2022 World Cup taken away.

And awarded to England, the United Kingdom, the United States or a Western European country.

And yes, the United States along with Switzerland is taking the lead in the investigations...
_______

On a personal note, after approximately five years of various sleep apnea treatments I have reached a goal of weighing 200 pounds.

I am 5 foot 10, 200 pounds, solid and muscular. I have sort of MLB homerun hitter look...no steroids required.

I do not look anything  like a FIFA footballer, but more like one of the security forces on the sidelines.

I shall continue with the treatments for now and thankfully once I lose the weight it stays off.

ITV: 'Thank you for the 2018 World Cup, baby!'

20 comments:

  1. Russ Murray,

    I don’t know much, but I know I don’t have to
    work my ass off 12 hours a day for a lousy salary.

    In fact, this belief kept me hoping and searching.
    Eventually, it led me to finding this.

    I wanted to have enough money so I’ll never ever
    worry about tomorrow again.

    I’m not saying it was easy. Only I know how many
    craps I tried. But I’m still so glad I did it.

    Russ Murray, I want to share with you this
    info and I hope you’ll pass it further.

    We all deserve a chance for a better living.

    == >> Take your chance now (it’s free)

    In a few minutes you’ll know you want to give this
    a try. Go ahead, do it. You can thank me later :)


    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,



    I hope that you are having a great day :)


    If you've never made a dime online before, then this is the PERFECT system for you!

    -You DON’T have to create a product to sell.

    -You DON'T need any advertising, blogging or SEO; a list and any technical know-how.

    -It doesn’t matter where you’re from or where you live. This system works everywhere!

    -Best of all, you can do this part time and make money on a daily basis.

    All you really need is the true will to make a change in your life!


    Best regards,
    O. Bouzid






    P.S. There are other opportunities that you may have missed earlier. Check them out here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my youngest daughter was three, she begged to be allowed to attend a concert with her older sister and brother. She assured me she was a big girl and would behave herself.

    As we took our seats in the orchestra hall, I handed programs to the kids. Following the lead of her older siblings, my three-year-old opened her program, and in her most grown-up voice said, "Mommy, I'll have the chicken, please..."

    …..Doc’s Daily Chuckle (docsdailychuckle@associate.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (ChristianVoices@att.net)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this blog. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appearance.

    I must say you have done a very good job with this.
    In addition, the blog loads very fast for me on Firefox.
    Exceptional Blog!

    Feel free to surf to my blog Apex Incredible Pump

    ReplyDelete
  5. A married couple went to the hospital to have their baby delivered.

    Upon their arrival, the doctor said that the hospital was testing an amazing new high-tech machine that would transfer a portion of the mother's labor pain to the baby's father.
    He asked if they were interested. Both said they were very much in favor of it.

    The doctor set the pain transfer to 10% for starters, explaining that even 10% was probably more pain than the father had ever experienced before.
    But as the labor progressed, the husband felt fine and asked the doctor to go ahead and kick it up a notch.
    The doctor then adjusted the machine to 20% pain transfer. The husband was still feeling fine. The doctor then checked the husband's blood pressure and was amazed at how well he was doing.

    At this point they decided to try for 50%. The husband continued to feel quite well.
    Since the pain transfer was obviously helping the wife considerably, the husband encouraged the doctor to transfer ALL the pain to him.
    The wife delivered a healthy baby with virtually no pain and the husband had experienced none. She and her husband were ecstatic.

    When they got home they found the mailman dead on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE GYNECOLOGIST WHO BECAME A MECHANIC
    A gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and HMO
    paperwork, and was burned out. Hoping to try another career where
    skillful hands would be beneficial, he decided to become a mechanic.
    He went to the local technical college, signed up for evening classes,
    attended diligently, and learned all he could. When the time of the
    practical exam approached, the gynecologist prepared carefully for
    weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous skill.
    When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had
    obtained a score of 150%. Fearing an error, he called the Instructor,
    saying, "I don't want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding
    result, but I wonder if there is an error in the grade?"
    The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart
    perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark. You put the engine
    back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark."
    After a pause, the instructor added, "I gave you an extra 50% because
    you did it all through the muffler, which I've never seen done in my
    entire career".

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUMOR

    The Will

    Doug Smith is on his deathbed and knows the end is near. His nurse, and his wife, are with him. He asks for 2 witnesses to be present and a camcorder be in place to record his last wishes, and when all is ready he begins to speak:

    My son, "Bernie, I want you to take the Mayfair house. My daughter, Sybil, you take the apartments over in the east end. My son, Jamie, I want you to take the offices over in the City Centre. Sarah, my dear wife, please take all the residential buildings on the banks of the river."

    The nurse and witnesses are blown away as they did not realize his extensive holdings, and as Doug slips away, the nurse says, "Mrs. Smith, your husband must have been such a hard-working man to have accumulated all this property".

    Sarah replies, "Property ? .... He had paper routes!"

    …..Doc’s Daily Chuckle (docsdailychuckle@associate.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (ChristianVoices@att.net)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tech support: 'Okay Bill, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time.
    That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter 'P' to bring up the Program Manager.'
    Customer: I don't have a P.
    Tech support: On your keyboard, Bill.
    Customer: What do you mean?
    Tech support: 'P'.....on your keyboard, Bill.
    Customer: I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Customer: I can't get on the Internet.
    Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?
    Customer: Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
    Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?
    Customer: Five dots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.
    Tech support: Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
    Customer: No. I can't get behind the computer.
    Tech support: Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back.
    Customer: OK
    Tech support: Did the keyboard come with you?
    Customer: Yes
    Tech support: That means the keyboard is not plugged in..

    ReplyDelete
  11. A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation in Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away. The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her buried here in the Holy Land for $150 or we can have her shipped back home for $5,000. The husband thought about it and told the undertaker he would have her shipped back home. The undertaker asked him, "why would you spend $5,000 to have her shipped home when you could have a beautiful burial here, and it would only cost $150????" The husband replied, "Long ago, a man died here, was buried here, and three days later, rose from the dead. I just can’t take that chance!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about dancing in the rain"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tech support: What kind of computer do you have?
    Customer: A white one...
    Tech support: Click on the 'my computer' icon on to the left of the screen.
    Customer: Your left or my left?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Customer: Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every time I try, it says 'can’t find printer’.
    I've even lifted the printer and placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says he can't find it..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Customer: I have a huge problem. A friend has placed a screen saver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tech support: How may I help you?
    Customer: I'm writing my first email.
    Tech support: OK, and what seems to be the problem?
    Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I get the little circle around it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi ,

    Watch Live trading In action where $20,000

    turned into over $151,000

    In only 20 trading Days..Watch here

    ==>> http://tinyurl.com/p8a6ufw


    I know you are overwhelmed and wondering how this is even possible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. More peaceful on site with previous vicious k9 having most of his workload taken by his lookalike and apparently far more friendly father. With the previous k9 the other week a colleague was told not to worry as the dog was tied outside rather than inside by leash to a truck because of the heat. I go out there and first thing I see him do is bark and lunge at a couple, scaring the guy quite a bit. But the k9 did nothing when I went😅 by...

    ReplyDelete